Hello! The world is changing really fast and it is the creative mind that is moving this change; hence the establishment of the Joyce Ababio college of Creative Design. As a creative designer my mission is to impact the fast changing world of fashion. The fashion industry is a multi-million dollar industry and it is an industry that is largely untapped in Africa. My vision is to change this perception and to make people appreciate polished natural and nurtured talents.
With the support of my team, I wish to welcome you to the Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design.
Five Reasons Why You Should Join JACCD
Five Reasons why you should join JACCD
- Create in one of Africa’s most colorful and friendly cities
- First Creative University College in West Africa
- Graduated Ghana’s top Fashion Industry Leaders
- Learn from international design professionals
- We have the best atmosphere for creative thinking; Step inside and think outside!
Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision Statement
Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design prepares students for professional excellence in design, fashion and business by providing the premier educational experience that fosters creativity, career focus and a global perspective.
- JACCD develops students’ aesthetic, intellectual, analytical and technological abilities through programs that integrate theory and practice.
- JACCD offers students a rigorous and innovative curriculum taught by faculty with outstanding academic and industry experience.
- JACCD is committed to a broad-base education in the liberal arts.
According to the past student of the Joyce Ababio School, before she lost her mother she was a science student at the Radford University about four years ago but has no regret of choosing fashion over science.
“I do not regret dropping out of school and dropping my science course for fashion, I will say, this is the best decision I have ever taken in my life and I am proud of myself and I know my mom will be proud of me. I know I am on the right track,” she said.
I enrolled at Joyce Ababio for a year and I learnt a lot. Now I am hands on though I have in-house tailors working for me.
While in high school I studied Visual Arts and did more of sketching. In 2010, I went to Joyce Ababio College of Creative Design to actually perfect myself in the fashion industry. I did that and after I graduated, I worked with her for a year. Then I started my own thing – B’VENAJ Designs.
Twenty-year-old Ms Katura Dramani is also living her dream as a top-notch fashion designer in Tamale. After joining the YUWP training in February, 2014, she proved her worth as a hardworking person and focused on her training, built her confidence and got the opportunity to be trained in fashion designing by the Joyce Ababio Fashion Institute in Accra. The training, which she said was an eye-opener for her and other 13 young ladies, was fully sponsored by Vlisco Group Designs, producers and distributors of fashion fabrics.